Three ATVB students awarded grant for their short film “The Crown”

Nicole Dufrene

ATVB team member Alida Dufrene and facilitator Jordan Reid with the Founder’s Circle Award.

Jordan Reid, Adviser

Three Advanced Television Broadcasting team members were among the Founder’s Circle Award Winners at the 2022 Film Prize Junior Film Festival on Sunday, May 15.

Alida Dufrene, Naiema Jabbar and Jenna Wyatt were recognized for their short film, “The Crown.” You can watch their short film here. The film was part of an ATVB class project called “Short Story Challenge.” The girls, along with their fellow team members, were required to create a creative short film using specific elements, such as a certain name, location, item and word. Each group had two weeks to write, record and edit their project. They were given the opportunity to enter their short film into the Film Prize Junior competition for extra credit.

The Founder’s Circle Award was given to five student-groups in the high school category and two middle schools. The award includes a $250 grant, which goes towards funding another short film for the 2023 Film Prize Junior Awards. There were also five top genre awards for both middle and high school entries, as well as grand prize winners. The ceremony was held at the Shreveport Convention Center.

Ahead of the award ceremony, Alida Dufrene, her mother and the ATVB facilitator Jordan Reid took part in the Film Prize Junior Festival. The 3-day event included showings of short films created by students across Louisiana, as well as panels and an interactive interview set called “Production Island.” You can take a look at photos from the event below.

The team members were recognized on WDSU at Noon the day after winning their award.

About “The Crown”

“The Crown” is about the efforts of a thief named Ivy Stone, who is making it her mission to pull off her third, and latest heist…the Queen’s crown. Everything was going well…until it wasn’t. One slip in the cracks has Ivy retracing her footsteps. Will she be able to successfully steal an international prized possession?

Follow Press Play Productions on social media to get the latest updates on events happening within St. Charles Parish Public Schools and in our Advanced Television Broadcasting course at the Satellite Center!

Twitter: @presstheplay
Instagram: @presstheplay
YouTube: Press Play Productions
Vimeo: Press Play Productions

Thank you so much for watching our live streams, projects and checking out our pictures!