Team Culture Brings Hahnville Basketball to State Tournament

Paul Seal, Reporter/Videographer/Editor

The Hahnville High School boys basketball team worked their way to the state tournament for the first time in over a decade. The program proved how having a strong team chemistry was an important characteristic of a state tournament team. For the 3 years that Coach Jasmine has been at Hahnville, a huge emphasis has been placed on the chemistry of the team. The slogan of the team has been “Family” and Coach Jasmine said that,  “Building a family unit is what allows us to freely play.”

The Tigers showed how chemistry was a very important aspect of the game by not only just defeating their district rivals, the Destrehan Wildcats, twice, but also by winning the district championship title. In addition to that they eliminated the reigning state champions in the first round of the playoffs this year. Finally the Tigers proved their team chemistry to be effective by achieving an amazing record of 29-13 this year and making it all the way to the semi finals of the state tournament this season. When asked about what the best part of the Hahnville Tigers game, senior player Daylen Price said, “Togetherness, just no matter what we have each other’s back, and just being a family all together.” This successful year left an example for the future years of the program.