Open House News Story

Kaycee Joseph, Director and Editor

LULING,LA- On February 20th there was a brief Open House for students in St. Charles Parish to attend the Satellite Center.

“The Satellite Center is a unique learning center for juniors and seniors at both Destrehan and Hahnville High Schools. St. Charles Parish has created the Satellite Center to be a place where student can explore future career options that they might be interested in. We try to teach through projects, and we also work on skills that will help them be successful in future industries.”

Here at the Satellite Center, there are about 217 kids. In an interview with the principal, Mrs. Anderson says that the open house gives younger kids the chance to explore their options and decide if they really want to become future team members.

“Open House is an opportunity for us to open our doors to the community, We have been here for 13 years and there are people in St. Charles Parish that still don’t know what the Satellite Center is about. We invite everyone from 6th grade all the way up to 11th grade to come out and see what takes place in our community. We also have an opportunity where they can talk to current team members as well as facilitators to learn more about all of the different courses and opportunities that they can recieve comeing here.”

For Press Play Productions, I’m Kaycee Joseph.