Kori Joseph Feature Story

Kaycee Joseph, Director and Editor

Kori Joseph is a 14 year old basketball player at Hahnville High School. According to her teammates and coaches, she is one of the best players around.

According to one of her AAU Coaches, “Kori Joseph is the best. Don’t let anybody tell her otherwise.”

Growing up being the middle child of 5, basketball was always one of her favorite sports.She has been playing since she was about six years old. This could be due to the fact that her mother, Kyla Irons, was a former basketball player for the John Curtis Patriots and is now a coach for Kori and her younger sister Kourtney’s AAU team called The Team Absolute Lady Blues located in Westwego, Louisiana. 

“I’ve been coaching Kori for about 4 years now. I would describe Kori as a defense player. She’s very defensive on the court.”

Being a great player is something that has always come natural to the young star. She also plays volleyball and is a former soccer player as well.

“Her growth process throughout the time that I’ve been coaching her is that she started off a sa defensive player. Now, she has come to a point where she takes charge of the offensive side as well.”

“My favorite memory of Kori is during Nationals when she played with a bruised shooting arm and knocked down two big free throws for us to pull ahead by one.”

Now she’s fully recovered and back to working hard.

“Kori puts in a loot of effort. She is definitely a talker which is one thing we need on the court at all times”

Not only is she a terrific player but she is also an AP and Honors student as well.

“As long as she continues to work hard and strive towards her goals,

she can do anything. On and off the court”

For Press Play Productions I’m Kaycee Joseph.