Preview of Destrehan VS Hahnville September 25,2015

Carez Cotton, Staff Writer

On September 25, 2015, Destrehan and Hahnville will have their annual Battle On the River, this year played at Tiger Stadium in Hahnville, La. Destrehan has won the last three meetings between the two. In 2013 Destrehan had a blow out win, beating the Tigers on their home turf 49 to 0. In 2014 Destrehan and Hahnville met up twice with Destrehan winning both meetings 24 to 6 and 24 to 12. Destrehan is coming off a big win against John Ehret beating them 38 to 18 while Hahnville was shocked in the upset lost against the Riverside Rebels 10 to 7.

Coming into this week Destrehan will have to prepare differently to try and stop Hahnville’s dynamic rushing attack led by star runners Drew Dunn and Anthony Williams. Destrehan’s defense, led by LSU commit Glen Logan and Texas commit Gerald Wilbon, will deploy their dynamic 3-4 defensive front that has be effective in getting to the quarterback this season. On offensive, junior quarterback Kohen Granier is looking to have an eccentric year after losing the starting quarterback job last year, to now East St. John quarterback Marquise Darensbourg.

Destrehan, on the other hand has suffered a lot of key loses. The Wildcats offense has lost the majority of their solid offensive line. Destrehan has also lost start wide receiver Kirk Merritt to the Oregon Ducks and star running back Will Matthews to the Kent State Golden Flashes. On defense, Destrehan has lost the majority of their secondary and has had to replace several key members with up and coming players. For Hahnville, they have not lost a lot of players, but the ones that they have lost were very important to the team’s chemistry. Hahnville has had to replace those players with several star sophomores, Anthony Williams being the biggest star.

It will truly be a sight to see what this years meeting will bring to the coaches, the players, and most defiantly the fans.