Press Play Productions

Student documentary on Confederate monuments advances to national round of competition

Back to Article
Back to Article

Hunter Robinson, Adviser

LULING, LA – A documentary crew from Press Play Productions will compete in the National History Day Competition in Washington, D.C. this summer after placing at the state level of the competition.

The group consisting of Sage Blackledge, Robert “Korbin” Bryan, Phillip Cheramie, Tyric Johnson and Jyia Joseph earned a second place finish in the Senior Group Documentary category of the Louisiana History Day competition for their documentary “The Confederate Monuments of New Orleans“.

The group now advances to the National History Day contest at the University of Maryland in mid-June where they’ll compete with around 100 other student documentary entries from around the world.

The group consisting of Ashley Deshotel, Jordan Kay-Gros and Mikayla Noto did not place in the same category for their documentary titled “LGBTQ+ Rights Throughout History” The group finished 2nd at the regional level of the competition.

One student, Bracey Darensbourg placed second in the Senior Individual Documentary category at the Regional level, but did not enter the State competition for her documentary “W.I.N.” Women in NASA“.

• Student documentary on Confederate monuments advances to national round of competition

Showcase

DHS Graduation Ceremony 2019

Showcase

HHS Graduation Ceremony 2019

News

2 Qualify for NHD national competition; another wins scholarship to Normandy

News

Three Press Play crew members advance to State Round of NHD competition

Showcase

HHS Baseball vs. HLB

Showcase

Watch all of our winter sports productions here

Showcase

Press Play’s Spring Sports Schedule

News

Crew members win at Loyola University’s Silver Scribe Awards

Showcase

Merry Christmas! Find your Christmas Concerts/Performances Here!

Events

Our Winter Sports Schedule

St. Charles Parish Public Schools Satellite Center