Press Play Productions

Student documentary on Confederate monuments advances to national round of competition

Hunter Robinson, Adviser

LULING, LA – A documentary crew from Press Play Productions will compete in the National History Day Competition in Washington, D.C. this summer after placing at the state level of the competition.

The group consisting of Sage Blackledge, Robert “Korbin” Bryan, Phillip Cheramie, Tyric Johnson and Jyia Joseph earned a second place finish in the Senior Group Documentary category of the Louisiana History Day competition for their documentary “The Confederate Monuments of New Orleans“.

The group now advances to the National History Day contest at the University of Maryland in mid-June where they’ll compete with around 100 other student documentary entries from around the world.

The group consisting of Ashley Deshotel, Jordan Kay-Gros and Mikayla Noto did not place in the same category for their documentary titled “LGBTQ+ Rights Throughout History” The group finished 2nd at the regional level of the competition.

One student, Bracey Darensbourg placed second in the Senior Individual Documentary category at the Regional level, but did not enter the State competition for her documentary “W.I.N.” Women in NASA“.

• Student documentary on Confederate monuments advances to national round of competition

Showcase

Press Play announces 2018 football season schedule

Events

Press Play to stream graduation ceremonies this week

Showcase

WATCH: Lady Tigers advance with win over Comeaux

Showcase

Lady Tigers defeat Destrehan 10-3, push winning streak to 15

• Showcase

Board President’s Address

• Showcase

East St. John vs. Destrehan Football

• Showcase

Hahnville knocks off undefeated Terrebonne 52-35

Events

#9 John Ehret vs #1 Destrehan – LHSAA Playoff – November 25, 2016

Showcase

John Ehret vs Hahnville Round Two Playoff Game

News

Production of SCP Today Show

St. Charles Parish Public Schools Satellite Center