Dangerous 7: Anthony Williams

Asia Jupiter, Staff Writer

Hahnville running back Anthony Williams has made a couple of heads turn during the offseason and as the season goes along, he still manages to turn even more.

Anthony Williams 2

The attention on Williams has sparked an interest from Tulane, as he already picked up an offer from the school after he clocked a 4.3 time in his 40-yard dash in their final prospect camp. He also is generating interest from LSU.

The craziest thing about this is that Williams is only a Sophomore.

Williams, who is more affectionately referred to as “Pooka”, feels like he’s grown into a better football player since last year.

“I feel like working hard at practice and doing extra techiniques, helps you grow into a better player you were before.”, Williams said Wednesday. “It seems to have paid off alot”

Anthony Williams 3

As a freshman, Williams stood out in the backfield with then junior, Devante Cravin in the Tigers’ triple-option running attack.

His freshman year would turn out to be his breakout year as he produced some unbelieveable highlights. He caused the Hahnville coaching staff to redesign their entire offense around his skillset.

Williams is confident about this year’s Tiger football team and is very optimistic about the future for this squad.

“I feel like we are going to the state championship”, Williams said. “We just have to stick together”.

“The motivation is these guys coming to our cave with just as much confidence we have”, Williams said. “I have no choice but to ball and do my thing”.